The Summer Reading Club got off to a big start at the Library this week. Registration began on Monday, and here we are on the 3rd day with over 100 children signed up to read-read-read this summer.
Any age can play, from preschoolers to high schoolers. Just follow the 5 Rs of the Summer Reading Game:
Register: Sign up for the Summer Library Game at the Library checkout desk. Receive a reading log and a bookmark to get started.
Read: Find something you like to read at the library.
Record: Keep track of reading on your reading log:
- by title (pre-school through 2nd grade),
- by number of minutes (3rd—5th grade),
- or by book evaluations (6th grade and up.)
Return: Bring your books and your reading log back to the library. Check out more books.
Rewards: Get stickers and prizes!
You can play the Summer Reading Game with any book, anywhere, anytime. You can also come to any of the many activities we have this summer:
- Board Game Time: Mondays at 3 p.m.
- Teen Tuesdays: Tuesdays at 3 p.m. (crafts and Wii!)
- Dream Big Storytime: Wednesdays at 11 a.m.
- Babies & Books: Thursdays at 11 a.m.
- All Ages Activities: Thursdays at 3 p.m. except Stuffed Toy Sleepover Party on June 14 at 6 p.m. and Wild Things, Inc on June 21 at 11 a.m.
See you @ the Library!!!
Posted by Nancy, who is having a fun summer at the library and doing lots of reading.