Hamilton City Chester Walker Memorial Library
Stop by and say hello!
Hours of Operation:
Mondays – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesdays – 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturdays – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Address: 330 Broadway, Hamilton City CA, 95951
Phone: (530) 826-3277
“The New Chester W. Walker Memorial Library in Hamilton City was dedicated in January of this year honoring a former prominent businessman and civic leader of Glenn County. Made possible largely by funds donated by Mrs. Fred Walker in memory of her late husband, it was the culmination of years of work on the part of many people in the community including the women’s organizations who started off the funds with a $2,000 nest egg. Charles K. Price chairman of the county library commission, was master of ceremonies. The Rev. Terry Tyler, pastor of the Evangelical Free Church, gave the invocation, followed by the pledge of allegiance to the flag by the Boy Scouts. Mayor George A. Edwards of Orland made the Dedication address, followed by an explanation of modern library services available to Glenn County residents by Wilma Ferry, Librarian. Mrs. Walker then presented the keys of the new library to former supervisor John Fiack, tracing the progress of the plans for the new library to their ultimate conclusion. Highlight of the the program was the presentation to Mrs. Walker of a plaque bearing a picture of her late husband and the first library card which had been issued to him at the Hamilton City Library in 1924. Chaplain Arthur W. Hoppe pronounced the benediction. Refreshments were served by the members of the Hamilton City Junior Women’s Club.” Article from the 1973 Wagon Wheels.