Sometimes I like to explore without spending much money.
Well, how about exploring at the Library, also known as the “Jewel of the City”- there are many things you can do here…..
- Use Wifi or one of the public computers for “free”
- Download Audiobooks to your Mp3 player or other devices – free
- Reserve, enjoy and return books (if ret’d on time) -free
- Research job opportunites (on our website: Learning Express or Job Now!) -free
- Bring child to Storytime – free
- Study in a quiet place – free
- Attend Literacy workshops (check bulletin board) -free
- Look at public bulletin board for community events- ( local fundraising events, Recreation Dept. classes, etc….) – free
- Cool off in air-conditioned comfort in a comfy chair (while your reading a book or newspaper) – free
- Check out Cd’s and DVDs – free
- Learn about History of Orland/Glenn Co. (Books by local Historian : 979.4 -979.431 non-fiction section of the Library) – free
But in order to receive even more, there’s one simple thing to do :
Get your own (free) Library card by providing proof of address- Utility Bill, drivers licence , ID: It’s that easy, that simple !
Posted by: Margarita