Meeting Room Policies
The Orland Free Library allows open usage of the Meeting Room for public meetings. Some limitations and restrictions do apply. To make the use of the room as pleasant as possible for your group and other users, please abide by the following regulations:
• For a group to apply for the use of the Meeting Room they must read and agree to abide by the library’s policies.
• A non-profit group may use the room on day a week, up to three (3) days a month free of charge; after that a cost of $50 per day applies Any group or individual that charge its clients will incur a $50 fee for the use of the room.
• Food and/or drinks are allowed in the Meeting Room, however the room must be left clean and trash removed. A clean-up fee may be assessed if the room is not left in satisfactory order. By City regulation, no smoking is allowed.
• The seating capacity (without tables) is thirty-eight (38) people. Do not exceed capacity.
• The Meeting Room may have media equipment which may be used by groups meeting in the room. This must be cleared with library staff prior to usage. Damage or replacement fees may be assessed if the equipment is damaged.
• Groups my reserve the room up to six (6) months in advance. Library and City functions have first priority in using the room. The public does not have a right to use the room, it is a privilege extended by the City and the Library. This privilege may be withdrawn if proper care is not taken as determined by the library staff.
• If the Meeting Room is reserved for use outside of the library’s open hours a designated member of the group must check out the key from library staff. Lights should be turned off and exterior doors must be locked and secured when leaving.